Beauty Review: Dior, Nars & more!
Santa was good to me in the beauty department this year. Here are the best makeup products that I acquired last month. Reviews on the products above & links after the jump.
In no particular order...
1. MAC "Melba" Matte Powder Blush. This is a blush that the man at the MAC counter picked out for me. I have very pale skin and was worried that this color looked too orange and bright in the tin but on my skin it completely changes and really flatters my skin tone. I'd definitely recommend this blush for all you palies out there. $17.50
2. Dior 5 Coleurs Designer in 008 "Smokey Design". This is a palette that I thought would be reserved only for special occasions, but the colors actually aren't that crazy on the skin. If you use a light hand, this palette can actually be used for every day use. I recommend using the lower left on the lid, the middle on the crease, and the top left for the outer corner. For a more glitzy event, also swipe some of the sparkly upper right color on the lid and line with the bottom right. Perfect day to night palette. $58
3. Ecotools Bamboo Bronzer Brush. I love ecotools brushes because they are cheap, great quality and you can find them at the drug store. This brush's smooth bristles are packed really tightly and give even application. And it's pretty. I don't actually use this for bronzer though, it works great with my mineral foundation and blush. I love this brush. $9.99
4. NARS "Belissima" Eye Shadow Duo. These are the perfect shades for every day. As I mentioned that I have very pale skin, I was worried the brown color would be too dark for the crease, but it's actually very light. I also love NARS' packaging - it looks & feels very expensive (because it is). $32
5. NYX Eye Shadow Triple TS03 Nude/Taupe/Dark Brown. This palette is a good dupe to the Nars duo, but little more complete because it contains the dark brown color that can be used for the outer corner or to line the eyes. I love NYX because their products are great quality, yet very affordable. The only problem is that this brand is difficult to find - if you're lucky enough to have an Ulta near you, that's your best bet. And of course you can buy online. $8
Dior Diorshow Extase 090. This is my new fave mascara. The formuation is great - it doesn't flake off at all during the day and isn't too difficult to remove. I also love the brush, it's big and curvy and gets to every little lash. But worth almost 30 bucks? Probably not. $28